Skanska has launched the construction works of its Nowy Targ office project. The building’s name relates to Nowy Targ square which is located nearby and which in the past served as the city’s trading centre. The investment will be open towards city’s residents and along with a wide range of planned activities it will invigorate the surrounding areas. The office project will provide nearly 22 000 sq. meters of flexible space dedicated to business with its delivery scheduled between Q2 and Q3 2019.
Nowy Targ will be the sixth office investment to be developed by Skanska in Wroclaw. According to a survey conducted by Forbes, the city is Poland’s most attractive city for business. The project will be developed in one of the most sought-after locations in Wroclaw – in close proximity to Nowy Targ square, in the vicinity of Wroclaw City Hall, approx. five minutes away from the city’s Old Town and Slodowa Island, which hosts popular cultural and sport events on a regular basis.
Nowy Targ will comprise seven floors aboveground and provide approx. 22 000 sq. meters of modern office space. It will accommodate up to 2 500 specialists. Nowy Targ has been designed not only for those who work there but for the city’s residents as well. The project’s ground floor will include a number of cafes, services points and numerous other amenities which will be open towards Swietej Katarzyny Street and Nowy Targ square.
– Our new office project will constitute a comfortable workplace which will be able to tap into the potential and the opportunities provided by its location at very center of the city. As we develop this modern office investment, we wish to draw upon the experiences we have gained from other Skanska projects both here in Wroclaw and other cities. We always seek to establish a dialogue with the areas that surround our office building. In this case, it will be a remarkable area that will combine two worlds: the historic with the contemporary. In the past, this area was the gathering place for the people of Wrocław. Due to Nowy Targ investment, it will become a modern place for business that will also attract people both during and after office hours. It will be Nowy Targ square seen anew – comments Mariusz Krzak, regional director at Skanska Property Poland.
A ‘bench for good thoughts’ has already been introduced to Nowy Targ square. The author of the bench is Beata Pawlikowska, a well-known travel. The project has been developed together with Zaczytani.org Foundation which promotes readership and encourages Poles to donate books to hospital libraries. The next meeting at the ‘bench for good thoughts’ is scheduled for July.
Modern architecture adjacent to the Old Town
Nowy Targ office building will also be an example of eye-catching modern architecture. People will have the opportunity to admire the investment’s design on their way to the Old Town. Furthermore, the top floors of the project will include terraces that will offer a beautiful view of the city.
– We wanted the building to stand out with its urban architecture as well as its adequate and well-adjusted to the surroundings scale what is extremely important in such a demanding location. We hope that the lively shops and services available to the local community also after office hours will bring more life to the public space around the building. We did our level best to create an office project that “gives something to the city – says Zbigniew Maćków, main architext of the investment, Maćków Pracownia Projektowa studio.
Nowy Targ is developed in compliance with the highest standards of sustainable building. Besides being LEED Platinum certified, it will also apply for “Building without Barriers” certificate. This recognition will confirm that Nowy Targ is adjusted to the needs of persons with various disabilities, parents with small children, seniors and people who do not speak Polish.
Nowy Targ key facts and numbers:
- Total leasable space of the building: 22 000 sq. meters;
- The project will consist of seven floors above ground and two below;
- The building will provide 188 parking places;
- Completion of construction works: Q2-Q3 2019;
- The project will be recognized with LEED Platinum certificate and “Building without Barriers” accessibility certificate;
- The general contractor for the building is Skanska S.A.;
- The author of the architectural project is Maćków Pracownia Projektowa studio.